The evolving landscape of data protection law presents ongoing challenges to organisations, in particular, consumer facing organisations and those handling sensitive personal data. The main challenge now is preparing for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related developments in Ireland and Europe.
What can you do?
If your organisation handles personal data, you must ensure that you are acting in compliance with the current legislation and that you are taking steps to prepare for the GDPR.
What can McDowell Purcell do?
We are experienced in providing a range of services to assist our clients, including:-
- Advisory services such as advice on the GDPR, data breaches, employment related data protection issues and handling data access requests.
- Advising on and creating bespoke data retention policies.
- In order to prepare for the GDPR and any potential audits from the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, conducting a Data Protection Improvement Programme to ascertain gaps in compliance and advising on remedial action.
- In conjunction with our technical consultants, conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Advice in relation to Freedom of Information.
We understand that keeping our clients up to date on data protection and FOI is important and we will keep you informed through our regular e-Zines and e-Alerts. Our team host regular data protection and FOI conferences and seminars and are available for bespoke training sessions.
Click here to access our Data Protection and FOI blog.